HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Monday, September 12, 2016

EL LIBRO DE MORMON

HOLA!!!!!

Another amazing week in the service of our Lord!

This week a dear family that was baptized a little over a year ago went through the temple to receive their endowments and be sealed. They are a family of a mom, dad, and two daughters(22&20 years old) The two daughters were inactive when I got here and one of them made the decision to come back to church after lots of prayer and family home evenings with them. But the other daughter would not budge when it came to coming to church. She was scared, and I felt like we had tried everything, my companion and I decided that we were just going to be patient and start with reading the Book of Mormon. we have been reading it little by little with her dissecting each part, and leaving her assignments to read.  She hadn't completed with any of them, then finally this last week when we came she told us that she had read what we told her too! Yesterday when we were greeting everyone at the door there walks up with her lovely family Vanessa! :)) How great was my joy! I asked her mom what changed her mind.. she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said..i don't know I just walked by her room this morning and she was there reading her scriptures, then asked me to kneel down with her to pray! :)

There are a few things we can learn from this story..
one: The Lords timing is everything, we can do all in our power but the results will come in His timing
two: The power of the Book of Mormon, sometimes we cannot even comprehend… IT IS POWERFUL!
three: When we are faithful and true, like these two loving parents, the Lord will never let us down, NEVER!

I love being a missionary and being able to see these amazing tender mercies of the Lord everyday and feel His love for ALL of His children! If you are not reading the Book of Mormon right now…run and go pick one up and read it!! READ IT!! and pray about it! and don't go one more day of your life without reading in it!!! and I promise that your burdens will become light, and you will feel our Saviors presence more in your life!

tengan una semana buenísima!! les amo muchísimo!
hasta la próxima

Hermana Jenson

oh p.s. no pictures because I lost my cord.. sorry! I'm going to look really hard for it this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment