HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Monday, December 12, 2016

IVAN GUZMAN

Hola de Ivan Guzman!!!!... My new area!! Its really close to where I started my mission and brings back a ton of memories, hearing loud bachata (dancing) in the street that I can hardly hear my companion, walking down tiny little streets filled with people and climbing up staircases that I think were made about 288392 years ago and sharing the Gospel in little homes knee to knee with our investigators! I LOVE MY MISSION! 

My companion is named Hermana Neff she is from Snowflake Arizona, I showed her a picture of Chloe Ferre (my basketball teammate) and she said she ate lunch at her house one day!! Haha small world!! Speaking of small world the building we live in is full of ward members which is such a blessing and the members below us, (the wife) studied at BYU Hawaii the same year I was there and we remembered each other.. even smaller world! Haha

I'm now in a house of 4 hermanas... and I'm a hermana leader of the another house of 2 which, one of those 2 is my other "daughter" in the mission, hermana Veliz! I'm super happy! all of the hermanas I'm with are super new in the mission and it makes me feel SUPER OLD!! 

This area is huge and has so much potential but as of right now we don't have too much going on, so this week my companion and I have hit our knees and given everything to the Lord and then gotten on our feet and have been guided by Him, to His elect! My companion is a super hard worker!! This week when touching some doors.. no one was answering.. so we touched more doors and tried talking to more and more people when finally we had touched all the doors in a whole area.  We were at the last floor of the building but I felt that we should still go up the stairs, so we did, and sure enough there was Yaquelin hanging up her clothes to dry, my companion and I dropped everything and started to help her and get to know her. Turns out she has been looking for a church and is unemployed at the moment(how convenient) we taught her a little bit and left her with a pamphlet and put a cita(appointment) to return! when we got back later that week she introduced us to her husband and they are both now progressing in the gospel! We can't wait to keep helping them come unto Christ and find His everlasting Joy!!!!!!

 I LOVE YOU ALL !! wish I could share all about my week but it will have to wait!! Haha 

Have a good week! Fill the world with the light of Christ!! 

My Companion


RICE !!!


Ward Christmas party

Don't worry mom I haven't changed too much!!! Haha

  New district!! And my girls!!

MY NEW AREA 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness beautiful Rachel! I miss you SO MUCH!!! I cannot imagine how your mom can handle this except you are always so happy. A ray of sunshine everywhere you go! Those people are so lucky to have you there! 💗

    ReplyDelete