HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Monday, October 12, 2015

THE FIELD IS WHITE AND READY TO HARVEST

SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED THIS WEEK SO IM GONNA TRY MY BEST!

La Yuca!!! has already stolen my heart!! :)) so i am in the capital and i love it!! i still have running water!! haha its not hot anymore but its hot enough outside that it really is a blessing! i have to turn my shower on with plyers and use broken glass as a mirror! BUT ITS SO AWESOME! i love it here!!
my area is pretty small but fulllllll of the most amazing people! and my house is right next to the chapel!! SO BLESSED!! all the people here are my family, gosh i cant even describe how much i already love them! its easy to love someone when they are so loving, and thats how the people are here!! AMAZING!!

my companion is Hermana Echard from UT!! haha she is truly amazing she has a really good understanding of this gospel and an awesome testimony! i am truly blessed to have her! and she loves popcorn so we eat it alot! :)) we live with two other sisters one who was in the ccm with me Hermana Pisconte from peru and her trainer Hermana Mijangos from mexico!! so i get to practice spanish ALOT!! which is good cause i need it! but my trainer said that she was impressed with my spanish so thats good! she is a really good teacher!!

so i have a story
we were in a lesson and my companion leans over to me and tells me i am going to teach the 1st vision to a brand new investigator! ahhh, my first time actually teaching on my 1st full day out! i was like... okay i got this! and i said 1978534908 prayers in my heart to just have the spirit with me and that YeseƱa would feel it! i started to recite the vision and WOW the spirit was so strong!!! i dont think i used any correct grammar but she was listening and then we invited her to be baptised and she said yes! later we were talking about the feelings of the spirit and how it works and she told me that she could feel it when i was talking and telling her about Joseph Smith!! i have never been more grateful for the spirit or my Father in Heaven!! this is the true church!! sharing my testimony and the restoration of this Gospel makes my testimony grow every time!! 

I LOVED CONFERENCE!! I WISH I COULD JUST SEND HOME ALL MY NOTES!! but one thing i have focused on this week (cause i cannot speak very well) is letting my light shine like our Prophet has counciled, those things in our religion that make us different make us shine in this dark world! so i just walk around holding my EL LIBRO DE MORMON and a smile on my face!! :)) hahaha
 
i love the Dominican Republic and all of its nasty smell and most wonderful people! and most of all i love preaching this perfect gospel! :)

until next week!!

HERMANA JENSON

No comments:

Post a Comment