HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Thursday, October 1, 2015

WEEK 5

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUTS TO MY SISSY DEENA AND MY FAVORITE MOMMY AND THE BEST MOMMY EVER!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! EVERYONE EMAIL THEM 1897989 EMAILS AND TELL THEM HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND YOU LOVE THEM AS WELL!!! 


so siestas... haha my companion Hermana Juchau loves naps.. and one day we wouldn't let her take one after lunch because we had stuff to do, so she was upset! haha but then in class that night our meastro was asking us how our day was, and my companion told him the story and he said that she needs to get us to believe in naps and she says "yo se que siestas son verdaderas!" haha bearing her testimony about naps to us!! bahaha!! :)))

i guess this is my farewell from the CCM!! i leave this coming Tuesday and i won’t have a p-day until the next Monday! I really enjoyed my time here... tons of food, all the people THE SPIRIT!!, AC!, hot showers with lots of water pressure, the temple, but especially the people!!.. and specifically my district and companions!!! I could not be more grateful for all the things I have here, and the relationships I have made, I am the only one going to the west mission in my district so I won't see any of them! :( but one day I will!! Heavenly Father has truly blessed me more than I deserve! With that being said I CANNOT wait to get out into the field, to talk to real life humans about this real life gospel THAT IS TRUE!! Gosh I get the biggest smile on my face just thinking about it!! I had the opportunity to go out into the field, specifically the west mission, this last Friday!! I was with hermana Paul, from Pennsylvania. She spoke English and very good Spanish!! My first reaction as I got to the field was to cry! Cry of happiness!!! I had this overwhelming feeling that felt like i was at home! I TRULY LOVE THIS PLACE AND THESE PEOPLE!!!! We taught 3 lessons, 1 to inactive, 1 to a new investigator, and 1 to a woman with a baptismal date!! All of them were super spiritual moments that I will never forget! I was able to get to know them, sing, pray, and bare specific testimonies to these people!! IN SPANISH!! WOW!! I feel so blessed!! Although it was an incredible day I was overwhelmed, only because I had been dreaming/imagining those moments since I was a little girl in primary and then all of a sudden I was living them! Dreams do come true! I honestly had to remind myself I was a real life missionary sitting in the DR teaching people this wonderful gospel! I am so excited to get out there again!!! They practically had to drag me back on to the guagua (wawa) it’s a van thingy, to go back to the CCM! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I truly do love it! With how much you guys know i love being a missionary i want to say something that has been on my mind a lot!! When I left, and even still I'll have people tell me "wow you are so great and have sacrificed so much to serve a mission" NO this is THE GREATEST privilege I could ever have! This is an opportunity, and there are so many people who suffered and died for me to have this glorious opportunity. For all of us really... to be able to have this restored gospel here on earth! Those people sacrificed!! Jesus Christ sacrificed, not me, I get emotional just thinking about it, especially what our Savior and Redeemer did for us!! I just want to say to you guys that I don't see my mission as a sacrifice in the slightest, I am so grateful for it and all the people that made it possible for me to be here!! I know I'm not perfect and I know I don't know everything but I have confidence in my Father in Heaven and the power that I am set apart as a missionary!! I am so excited to get out into the field and work so hard!! (Words of Mormom 1:7) I encourage you guys to give thanks for all our Father in Heaven has given you this week, and to be a missionary!! 

It is my testimony that our Savior lives and loves us, and that the true gospel is restored!! 

I love you guys!! Enjoy conference cause I know I will!! :)) thank you for everything!!! 

con 
amor 



Hermana Jenson

No comments:

Post a Comment