HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Temple is the house of God, a place of love and beauty...

I just want to first off tell every single one of you how overwhelmed I am when I open my mail every week and see your lovely letters and words of love and support for me! :) These last few weeks have been a little rocky here in the casa of Ocoa.. but we have never felt the presence of the Lord in more abundance helping us through these difficult times! Like a wise wise man I know once told me... these rocky paths are just helping me smooth out my rough edges to be the beautiful stone that the Lord wants me to be! THANK YOU COACH CRUZ! 

Happy relief society week/day this week! We made a salad for the relief society party.. classic Dominican food! Haha it was our way to show our appreciation! Oh and a shout out to my mom and the stake relief society and all you guys do! I love you! :)) 

Like my caption, I testify of the words of this song! I had the wonderful opportunity to enter into the temple this week. I know without a doubt that the temple is His house and He dwells within those walls.. and that we can find love, peace, joy, answers, comfort, and guidance in this holy house. Just like I did this week! I found answers and guidance!!! I felt so much love and peace! :)) Please go to the temple, always be worthy to enter the temple! :))) 

This week we also celebrated 2 cumple años in our house one of my companion that just completed with 22 years and my other house mate hermana Alas with 21 años!! I love them... and I love CAKE!!! Hahah I have eaten so much this week! Hahaha

This week I had the opportunity to give a talk in our sacrament meeting! I chose to talk on obedience and the love that we have for our Heavenly Father and Savior it's what drives us to be obedient! There were two examples that I shared that I would like to share with you all.

The first is when Jesus was in Gethsemane and was atoning for our sins.. He didn't have to suffer this pain and sadness, but because He was obedient to the Father He did, in this moment He asked the Father to take this away from Him but the Father sent Him a comforting angel... this is like us... when we are obedient and suffer what we need to, we will be comforted and receive blessings from our dear kind and graciouse Heavenly Father! 

The second is when Jesus was on the cross... He could have summoned angels, so easily, to come and take Him off this cross of shame and pain and sadness but He was obedient to the will of the Father.. and because of this great act of love and obedience for His Father and for each one of us. WE all.. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US.. have the opportunity to be forgiven when we are NOT obedient.. and we all have the chance to try again! How great is that? Now when I think of the times that I don't want to be obedient.. I feel really dumb...and little.. because nothing can compare to what my Savior did for me, and my family! :) BE OBEDIENT! 
I promise that there are mountains of blessing that our Father in Heaven wants to give to us, all we have to do is act.. and be obedient and I promise they will come! :) 


This week.. the week of Easter.. SEMANA SANTA.. here it's celebrated all week long! :) I have some scriptures that I would like each of you to read and ponder every night this week. My family here (my house, branch) will be doing the same! As we reflect on the life and the resurrección of our savior Jesus Christ ... the photo is attached. (it's the last picture on her blog)

Still I cannot express my love for each and every one of you!! I love you and thank you all for everything so very much! :) 

con mucho amor 
HERMANA JENSON 



A FAMILY MADE US A SPECIALTY HERE IN THE DR.. CALLED SAN COCHO.. ITS MY FAVORITE DOMINICAN MEAL SO I ATE A LOT.. I MEAN A LOT... AND THIS WAS THE RESULTS.. I REALLY HAVE NEVER BEEN IN SO MUCH PAIN FROM FOOD BEFORE... BUT I WAS SO HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME!! HAHAHA 


MY COMPANION ONLY HAS 6 WEEKS LEFT!! ;(

MY COMPANION AND I AT THE TEMPLE! :))


THE TEMPLE!!! 


SCRIPTURES RACHEL WANTS US ALL TO STUDY FOR EASTER WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment