HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Monday, October 31, 2016

TO BE MORMON IS TO BE HAPPY!

An incredible week to be a missionary! I love this time that I have to serve here en la Republica Dominicana! 

I am officially all settled in in my new house in the smallest little town ever! From our apartment you can see the beach and I eat my breakfast and watch the sun come up from my hammock! But living in the beautiful country comes at a cost.. we have to travel 1 hour to buy our food and write and do anything normal because there is nothing in this tiny little town! :) But I wouldn't change one thing! :)) I love it! We have lots of investigators and a lot of partial families in our rama's (branches)... Yes my companion and I have two branches! So we are focusing on completing these families and helping them to prepare for the temple!! My companion is so great! We both have some time in the mission so its just work work work. She is also so happy and crazy all the time. We both are just a giggly ball of energy all the time! Hahaha if you guys can imagine. 

Speaking of the Temple!!!! This Saturday morning I had the grand privilege to enter in the temple to watch the familia De Castro be sealed for time and all eternity! Such a big blessing and the sealer that did the ordinance is from our ward Piantini and was one of the first people in the DR to be baptized! such a special moment for us and for our Heavenly Father! :) 

In one of the sacrament meetings that we assisted this week there was a young woman that said the following "I am trying my hardest to follow Jesus Christ, and to be happy, because to be Mormon is to be happy!" I have been meditating lately a lot in my personal study about our purpose here on earth and the plan of HAPPINESS that our Heavenly Father has for us. And this frase (phrase) I feel like explains it all. I am so grateful to know that I am not of this world, that there is so much more. But most importantly that I have this great opportunity to prove myself worthy to my Heavenly Father and show Him how much I love Him! I love life and I love the happiness that this gospel gives us in this life! Please take a second to look at the big picture and love your life and thank God for all that you have! :))) 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW CAEL MAÑANA!!! TE AMO MUCH! FELIZ CUMPLE AÑOS A TI!!!

and Merry Christmas to the rest of you!!!!!! Here they don't celebrate Halloween and everything, I mean EVERYTHING has been decorated for Christmas here for about a month already, and we only sang Christmas hymns yesterday in church! Hahaha 

Love you all! Have a great week! 

xxoxoxo

hermana Jenson

The familia De Castro!

Temple familia sealing

The beach from our balcony (she says the trees are hiding the beach)

Sunrise from balcony

Some of the streets here in Nizao

This is a chicken foot, Yumm

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful country you are living in! How special to go to the temple to watch that sealing ordinance. I love you Rachel! I love your sunny disposition and you positive attitude. I bet you and your companion have a party every day!

    ReplyDelete