HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

HERMANA RACHEL JENSON

Monday, May 16, 2016

ELECTION TIME



Hello family and friends.... I LOVE YOU ALL SO  MUCH! I AM GRATEFUL FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!! YOU HAVE BLESSED MY LIFE WITH YOURS! :))

So this week was elections that happen every 4 years here in the DR. ITS CRAZY TOWN, EVEN CRAZIER THAN NORMAL! And its so awesome!!
Everynight there was a giant parade that lasts like 20 minutes with people running and screaming down all the streets and on there motorcycles, with 80 people in one car and booming music that you can hear and feel in your chest (mom that makes me think of you) Haha 
We were not allowed to leave the house yesterday because of the elections and church was only an hour! But it was a cool experience. Now people are celebrating for who won and its even crazier! Haha 

We saw a miricale this week.. so the other hermana's had a baptism this week of a sweet woman named Karan. We were on our way home from a district meeting in the morning and due to the elections, a 1 hour ride turned into a 3 hour one and we still had to clean the chapel and prepare everything. My companion and I decided we would help to make everything go faster, in a fluster I entered the font to fill it up.. NO WATER (meaning none available) we hurried and called everyone. Then we got down on our knees in the font and prayed for a miracle...we were searching for water and then hermana Larson had the impression to call Hno. Erik one more time .. HE ANSWERED.. told us where an extra water switch was and SHHHHEEEEWWWWWW ... we heard the water spewing out of the font!! Immediately we four got on our knees in a prayer of thanks with tears in our eyes! It may sound like a little thing.. but I KNOW THAT THE LORDS HANDS ARE IN HIS WORK GUIDING AND LEADING AND HELPING US.. EVERY SINGLE ONE! 

My companion is so awesome! I love her and she loves me! Its great like that! We have so much fun!:)) and we have seen the Lord put a lot of people in our path as well! I have learned a lot about being humble and having a willing heart. We hear that so much that we need to be softened.. its so true. When we are willing, put God first, love His children... that's when He can truly truly help us!! I KNOW THIS GOSPEL  BRINGS BLESSINGS OF ETERNAL HAPPINESS AND IS TRUE! I also know that this work never ends! and I am so grateful to be a part of it! :))

Love you all!! 

HERMANA JENSON



We went on a hike by our house.. hermana Larson on our morning run discovered this


This is all of Ocoa!! BEAUTIFUL

GREEN MOUNTAINS
 One of the rivers that we cross!!! Haha ft. hermana Larson!! She is my kind of woman!
Our old zone!!! 

Random guy on the street celebrating the elections while we were waiting for hours to get to ocoa!!

I MUSTACHE YOU A QUESTION!! HAHA
 A little dress up never hurt no body.. Hahaha
 (I haven't changed too much)

My compa!!! 

Our room.. hermana Larson and I made a photo wall that is in the shape of the DR!! Haha


DEAD GIANTS RATS IN THE STREET! HAHAHA 

I FOUND MY FAMILY!!! OINK OINK!! HAHAHA 


No comments:

Post a Comment